Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sweet Love

The decor and beyond cute Penguin cupcakes.
 



 One of the joys of being in San Antonio (coming in a close 2nd to the gorgeous weather) is that I get to catch up and spend time with dear friends! My lovely friend Amy, is one of those longtime friends I could not hardly wait to spend with when we arrived.  You know, we have one of those friendships that are unaffected by time and distance.  Every time we get together, we just pick up where we left off.

  Amy and I met in 8th grade and spent nearly every day together in highschool.  If we weren't at basketball practice, we were playing in a game.  If we weren't holding a basketball, we were just hanging out talking about anything and everything!

Life was simple.

After graduation, we slowly started to go separate ways as we pursued our dreams, but our friendship remained strong because it was built on more than just on the "here and now", boy-talk, and the next fun event.  I enjoyed what little time we spent together over the summers, hearing about her life and getting to share what was going on with mine.

Life was school, study, schedules and social events.

Amy insisted I come to the college group at our church one summer and said, " If you don't come, you can't see me."  I need a "gentle" prodding and her threat was enough to motivate me to join the church softball team.  The Lord used her in a mighty way because it was at that game that I met Nate.  Well, I won't go into to details for lack of time, but my attending one little softball game eventually lead to marriage and a baby carriage. :)  Amy and I ended up finding ourselves shopping for wedding dresses, tackling the guest list, and choosing card stock for our wedding invitations about a year later.  And shortly after that we found ourselves trying to soothe newborns...

Life was survival. :)  Or, it was for me at least as I struggled to adjust to motherhood.

I guess if a friendship can survive the tumultuous years of highschool; the time conflicts and distance that come with college life, multiple moves, and babies; I believe it can survive just about anything.

I am so thankful to ALL my dear friends who have invited me to their homes and come to see me since I've been here!!!  Thank you thank you!! However, when we came down to SA she was one the first to immediately come alongside me and love me out of my sulky mood.  Once more the Lord used her to bless me when I needed it most.  If you go back to my Jan. posts you'll see our trip to the zoo.

I probably should have just dedicated this post to Amy hahaaaaaa   I say ALL this so that you understand how dear her friendship is to me.  It was an honor to help her serve and corral the little guests at Elena's 5th birthday. A penguin extravaganza of sparkle, glitter, delightful crafts, color!  It was an absolute delight to see not only our girls bonding and playing together, but our sons as well! 



Happy Birthday Elena!

Hats off to Amy who had all the supplies needed for making a craft with kids that were 6 & UNDER!

The kids enjoyed the kid friendly food, the fun activities, and the giggles they got to share with their friends.



Life is SWEET!
 We all had so much fun, we decided to get together the next day and celebrate Valentine's day together.  We decorated valentine cookies, thought about making valentine cards ;) , and let the kids play to their hearts content as we chatted the day away.  It was a "full-circle" moment when we heard our girls asking if they could have a sleep over... wasn't it just yesterday we were doing the same? 


 I love the concentration, precision, and detail...  He is his father's son.  :) 
 
 It was a good day.  :) 
This Valentine's day, I thank God for His everlasting love.  For making me His own and never letting me go.  He is love and has caused my heart to remember...  He is my 1st love.
 
"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." - Jer. 31:3
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." - Is. 43:2
"For the LORD ......your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God." - Deut. 4:24

No comments:

Post a Comment