Monday, April 11, 2011

Good ol' Southern hospitality

 It's all about porches, iced tea, friends, lawn chairs, good conversation, and of course, food.  :) 
 Our friends and family have been keeping us busy, helping us pass the time until Nate gets back.  And lest I give you the false impression that it's all play and no work, let me clarify.  Our day to day happenings are pretty monotonous.  Schoolwork, laundry, ballet, piano, gym, bath time...  but as the week comes to a close we often find ourselves floating from social event to the next.   Nate said it looks like one big party in SA.  My reply, "Well, this is the south my dear."   ;)  My friend, Amy, joked that we are like the women of the Antebellum Era, throwing parties and fanning ourselves (Ok I added that.) as we sip tea and watch the children run to and fro.  Hahaaaaa  If the shoe fits...  But seriously, we aren't that bad.
This past weekend, we were able to spend time with dear friends we met our first few weeks in VA.  and others.  We talked, laughed, ate... and yes, sipped on iced tea.
I didn't have my camera with me most of the weekend, but did grab it before heading out the door on Sunday.  Spending Sunday afternoon with the Conants and Villas was a perfect ending to our wonderful, fun-filled weekend.  I've said it once and I'll say it again, the kids and I are VERY BLESSED to be surrounded and supported by loving family and friends during this difficult time.   

On the new property, roasting marshmallows with Grandpa Villa's help.
TOASTY.  :)  He spit it out after the first bite. 

1 comment:

  1. How fun! My kids miss their grandparents terribly. So good to see that your kids are being loved on by them. :) I am praying for you while Nate is away...we can all too well relate to being separated. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete