Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Here and Now... There and Then

 My faithful companions!  :)  Audrey and Slaeter came with me almost every week and were so blessed by their sweet teachers.   God BLESS all the lovely caregivers for making every Wed. fun and enjoyable for my kids!  And, for giving me 2 WHOLE hrs. with Beth M., my bible, and core group!

Also, MANY MANY thanks to Jen Conant!  I've loved this chick from the first time I met her over 7 years ago.  She is the other latina the Sullivan family inherited by marriage.  When she asked me if I wanted to join the ladies bible study at her church (mentioning she had the hook-up since she was the leader) ;), I was ecstatic and jumped at the opportunity!  I'm so thankful  she listened to the Spirit and extended the invitation.
Every week was amazing.  Every week I was blessed, challenged, and convicted.  Studying Revelation with this special group of ladies (see below) was an incredible experience!  "Here and Now... There and Then" was the name of our study.   It was also the overall theme of the study.   Our Savior is here, just as He was then... the Alpha and Omega, "the beginning and the end, says the Lord, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."  To read verses in Revelation correlatable with scripture from the old testament, throughout the course of this study, was mind blowing and brought me to tears many times the past couple of weeks!  Seeing certain verses in whole new light...  Wow! 
"And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, 'Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people.  God Himself will be with them and be their God.  And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying.  There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.' " Rev. 21:3,4
"He who testifies to these things says, 'Surely I am coming quickly.'  amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.  Amen."  Rev. 22:20,21

No comments:

Post a Comment