Sunday, April 17, 2011

The HOORAYde!

 This past Friday we headed downtown for the Battle of Flowers "Hooraaaaay-de" as Audrey would say.  :)
   When I was a little girl, my parents would take Sandy and I to see the princesses, beautifully decorated floats... I wanted my kids to experience Fiesta in San Antonio at least once.  Because, well Tevye (Fiddler on the Roof) said it best,  it's "Tradition!  Tradition!!"







 God Bless America!


 "We'll live in fame or go down in flame.  Hey!!  Nothing'll stop the US Air Force!"

 A gorgeous day + a couple of raspas = :)  :)  :) :)


Mya's and Audrey's favorite part of the parade, of course. 

 It is tradition for the crowd to yell, "Show me your shoes!!"  This year, most of the princesses were wearing boots.  This pair of received the loudest applause.  Go Spurs Go!!!!!!
 And this is the train - ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!

 After the parade, Mya asked me if she could be a princess one day and I didn't quite know what to say.  Is "honesty the best policy", even if it means crushing her dream?  Or, should I just bust out in song, " A dream is a wish your heart makes..."  Being a parent isn't easy. ( loooooong sigh)   

 Due to the large number of school districts and growth within the last 10 yrs, only some of the highschools are chosen participate in the parade.  Those granted permission by the SA Fiesta Commission, bring their HS band; however, very few bring their cheer squads and dance team.     

 The "Charreada Charros" of SA



The "Pooper Scoopers" always get a pretty good round of applause.  :) 


Viva Fiesta!!

No comments:

Post a Comment