Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just doin' what I do...

I felt a tap on my arm as I sat checking my email this morning and heard Audrey's cute little voice with that unique twang (Nate and I have no idea where on earth she picked up that accent!), "Mommy.  Slaeter hit me with the car..."  I peeled myself away from the computer and repositioned myself so I could look her straight in the eye.  I do my best to remember that people come before projects, especially my little people.  :)  I wanted her to know she had my full, undivided attention.  However, despite my good intentions (sorry Dobson!) I could not pull my gaze away from her hair as I struggled to keep from laughing.   I knew I just had to get a picture.  This is something I'll want to remember!
This is not the first time I've seen her hair in this fashion.  She began "fixing" her own hair about 6 months ago.  From that first "great reveal" Mya never fails to rave, much to Audrey's pleasure, about how beautiful her hair looks and how she wishes she "could fix her own hair just like Audrey", but "just can't do it!!" (I'm convinced this is the driving force behind the daily styling). ;)  "Isn't Audrey SO good at that Momma?!"  Of course, Audrey always tries to play it off like it's no big deal as she struts around the house, tossing her pigtails around for the world to see. hahaaaa  You can't tell by the looking at the pictures, because she was striking her diva pose, but she was so excited to get her picture taken.  :)  
Just doin' what I do boo. 
This is one of the reasons I love blogging.  I don't how many times I've glanced at my older blogs (yes, I have a lot because I am too lazy to try to retrieve the passwords. :/ )  and have been shocked at some of things or details I don't remember from times past.   I don't want to ever forget these crazy precious days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment