Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Date with my artist!

 We were FINALLY able to escape for a couple hrs. and go on a little date.  The one-on-one time I get with my kiddos on these outings like these - priceless.  I've been wanting to take Mya to the Painted Plate (below) to paint pottery.  She is my little artist.  I know it must be the Sullivan in her, because the Arias' drawings = stick people and horses that looks like characters from The Chronicles of Narnia.  ;)  I love watching her work.  My normally bubbly, giggly, bouncy girl, becomes very focused as she quietly works on her masterpiece.  Art is no laughing matter to her.  She expects nothing less than perfection and I have had to wipe away many tears due to art projects gone wrong. Thankfully, there were no tears yesterday!



We left Mya's little monkey there to dry and will pick it up in a couple of weeks.  Can't wait to see the finished product!  :)

1 comment:

  1. looks like you've all been sharing some wonderful times together! So, so happy about Sandy and Matt expecting! :)
    We really hope we can get together in April (after tax season and pollen season have cleared!).
    Have a beautiful week, Liz!
    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete